Monday, June 04, 2012

The third and last goodbye

I tried to stitch us back together like a rare organ but the seams kept extricating themselves. You wondered aloud to me, how did a guy like me get a girl like you? and I told you, I don't know why I like crappy guys like you either. That was the fuel to the fire, the start to our end.

The wild bird of my heart pulsated in my chest, pounding against the cage of bones as I waited for your replies; I was no longer praying you would beg me to stay or change my mind, yet I dreaded the confirmation that this decision to split up was mutual.

Love was lost amongst the friction of our flesh and skin, love was lost in the corrosive acid of life, love was lost from your finger tips and my chapped lips, love was lost the moment we gave up on each other. Love was lost the moment you averted your eyes, the moment I looked away.

The days we were apart had bled into weeks and months, the relentless bastard called time had siphoned away the love but I was oblivious. I tried to resuscitate us, I tried to make us work, we tried to make us work--- but our hearts were dying, our love was stale like the buildings in the city, grey and gritty and weathered.

I will retrieve the disembodied parts of myself from him, and then I will disappear. Forever, from your eyes, from your heart, from your skin, from your life, from you.

Good bye, J. x


No comments:

Post a Comment