Thursday, December 08, 2011

If love moves like air

Then teach me how to dig my nails into the palm of my hand so I can remember what you once felt like.

This break up paralyzed me for a week but as time cycles forward it gets better and it hurts less. I embrace this agony, the anguish of getting used to a single serving life when I once luxuriated to a double serving.

Re-learning selfishness when I once shared my life with another. I miss your body. I miss your lips. I miss the way you smell and the comfort of your arms. Your hands... They don't weave stories around my body anymore. Your voice, was an address that had gone cold. Your touch, were no longer knotted with mine like daisy chains around a little girl's wrist.

Someone else now kisses me but you know what? They don't taste the same as you do.

I will wrap my sentiments for you into words, the poetry of my desperate, desperate love for you that lead to the untimely death of us. Your desire for freedom. Your terrible (lies) excuses. But I loved you the same my beautiful boy. You took my breath away and forgot to gave it back.

I love you so much but it was so fucking pointless. So I will fall back in love with my sadness. And I will drown in it, my pathetic affections for you --- they will be the death of me.

I'll smile. I'll never stop smiling. Because at least people'll think I'm okay. I love you. I love you. I love you. Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment