Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas tears

This was the first time in nearly a month we have not seen each other since the split.
Your hair has grown. Your cheeks are still chubby. You wore a different jacket. A different pair of shoes.

I got a nose ring. Wore a wig. Wore fake eyelashes and thick eyeliner. But in our respective hands we held the same cigarettes we used to smoke. The same cell phone we used to call each other.

It hurts to breath when you were merely an arm's length yet it was as if there was an invisible barrier that prevented us from touching.

I was craving, desperate for your touch and your warmth. The winter did not freeze my toes at night but also froze my heart. I felt so cold. I missed you so much. I still do.

Merry Christmas darling. Come home soon

No comments:

Post a Comment